Hours Per Week:
40 – 50 hrs
Rate of Pay:
Commensurate with experience
2nd, & 3rd Shifts
Cut mill rolls of screening into various size rolls according to customer’s specifications. Example: 36” wide by 1000’ long cut into 2.375” to be used for filters, etc. Width size and length vary per order.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Regular attendance is required, with proper notification for absences, in accordance with the company’s Attendance Policy
- Read order to determine correct machine set up
- Adhere to strict tolerance for size and quality per the customer specifications
- Maintain roll to correct size. Example: hold to +/- .0015 of an inch
- Run mill roll of screening through various cutters, cutting rolls into specific widths and lengths, using shears to cut off roll and twist ties to tie rolls
- Maintain daily quota and record same
- Watch for and report defective material, keeping within the customer specifications
- Set up machine using caliper/hook scale/tape measure
- Place completed rolls in correct cart or skid
- Inspect cutting knives daily for wear, to determine need to replace
- Wear safety glasses
- Keep machine shields and guards in proper place
- Some computer knowledge to look up and print labels and customer information
- Report any injury or incident when it occurs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- No prior experience or training
- Ability to read and write
Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Must be able to use and understand tape measure and calipers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed one or two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with occasional variables.
Employees must wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required in each production department. Employees are required to follow all safety rules as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Section V.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required (2/3 and more of the time) to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required (less than 1/3 of the time) to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move (up to 1/3 of the time) up to 100 pounds; using wooden dowel for leverage to reduce the amount of weight actually being lifted.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works (2/3 and more of the time) near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed (1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Overtime is required as needed.
IWM International is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.