Hours Per Week:
40 – 50 hrs
Rate of Pay:
Commensurate with experience
1st, 2nd, & 3rd Shifts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Rewind steel/aluminum/bronze wire from small spools onto large warp drum, according to specifications of cloth to be woven.
- Regular attendance is required, with proper notification for absences in accordance with IWM International Attendance Policy.
- Wind warps according to specifications, (i.e. number of wires and warp circumference).
- Read tape measure to 1/6” calibration.
- Replace empty spools with full spools, (weight up to 45 lbs).
- Lift spools onto rack from 1’ to 8’ high.
- Operate electric hand truck to transport full and empty warp drums.
- Minor machine maintenance, (i.e. greasing).
- Assist in department as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- No prior experience or training is required.
- Ability to read and write.
Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between a series of numbers. Ability to print.
Ability to add and subtract.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed one or two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with occasional or no variables.
Employees must wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required in each production department. Employees are required to follow all safety rules as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required (2/3 and more of the time) to stand and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required (1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required (less than 1/3 of the time) to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move (1/3 to 2/3 of the time) up to 50 pounds. Lifting is done in intervals – may spend several hours doing steady lifting, and then several hours with little or no lifting.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to thread .0085” dia. Wire into .015” opening.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works (1/3 to 2/3 of the time) near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
IWM International is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a tobacco-free establishment.